Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Postponed

I wanted to update you all real fast. Stockton's surgery was postponed. All of his blood work and cultures came back negative for any type of virus until this morning. They did two RSV screens and the second one came back positive. Apparently, our little guy has a minor case of it but it will still show up positive. Stockton is doing great except he has a light cough. During the Glenn procedure the lungs are put under a lot of pressure so they want him to be in optimal health. (Which is totally understandable.) We spent the night in the hospital thinking we were going to have the surgery and we brought him upstairs this morning to the operating room. He had an IV placed and we said our "see you soons." Stockton was on the operating table and had already been given his first sedative before they looked over his results. This test was finished last night so I am not sure how they missed it. We believe God works in mysterious ways and that this was not Stockton's time. We will reschedule in about a month. LOVE TO ALL!

4 comments:

  1. Chills. I know that little man is being watched over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Stockton have the Synagis shots (the RSV immunization)? I hope he gets better and get his surgery soon to fix the pressure and move on to the next stage. Supposedly they feel and look soo much better after the stage 2 operation. Just make sure they manage his headaches (from increased oxygen) well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me an email at btwilliams@gmail.com. I'd like to add you as a friend on facebook and add you to a great private HLHS group of moms on facebook.

    ReplyDelete